REAL ESTATE FAST FACT: Did you know that 37% of contracts fall through because of repair issues?
According to the NAR, 37% of contracts fall through because of repair issues sellers could have addressed before listing their property.
PSA everyone! If you’re thinking of selling this spring, don’t let that happen to you! Here’s how:
- Meet with an agent who knows your neighborhood and zip code. Allowing them to do a quick walkthrough could save you piles of cash.
- Schedule an inspection. Then you’ll know precisely what needs to be addressed from a functional standpoint.
- Invest in repairing major systems first. Think HVAC, plumbing, roofing, foundation, or electrical issues.
- Once your home’s major systems check out, move to aesthetics. Here’s where your agent’s advice is literally gold! When in doubt, always remember, if there’s one room that needs to impress buyers, it’s (still!) the kitchen.
- If there’s time, money, and a little elbow grease left, paint what you can and zero in on curb appeal.
The good news is getting your home ready to list doesn’t have to be costly or overwhelming. It just takes knowing who to ask for help! Send us an email, and let’s set a time to chat! We look forward to hearing from you!
Download the printable home maintenance checklist here
Contact Rooted&Co today if you are looking to buy or sell your home.
Call (801)449-0602 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.