Here are the five steps of selling your home when going through a divorce.
So you’re getting divorced, but you have a home that you own with that person. Here are the five things you should do:
1. Select a Realtor. You need a third party to help you do things, get the ball moving, and keep things from stagnating.
2. Have a strategy session. Discuss price, timing, division of the proceeds, and any other legal issues that may come up.
3. Get a list of strategic partners. Hopefully, your Realtor has a partnership with attorneys, tax accountants, and contractors to help get the home fixed up to sell for top dollar.
4. Prepare the home for sale. We’re going to stage the home and make sure that it will sell for top dollar.
5. Review offers. Whether you’ll need to rent for a while or buy a new house right away, depending on your next steps, we’ll choose the best offer together to make closing as stress-free as possible.
If you are in this situation, reach out to us. We’ll get your home sold and help you move on to the next stage of your life.