The Utah Housing Corporation on behalf of the State of Utah has made available an interest-free, forgivable housing grant to individuals working as a Law Enforcement or Correctional Officer, to purchase a home near the community where they work.
There are 320 grants available and they do not need be repaid if the recipient remains an officer for five (5) years.
- No payment, no interest grant
- Up to $25,000 or 3.5% of purchase price, whichever is the lesser
- May be used for down payment, closing costs, mortgage insurance, or interest rate buydown
- Full-time employment as law enforcement or correctional officer
- First time home buyers, those who haven’t owned a home in the last three years, single parents and those who recently sold a home due to separation from a spouse, are eligible
- Must occupy primary residence within 30 days of closing
Contact Rooted&Co today if you are interested in this grant. We work with Utah Housing Corp Originating Lenders and can help you leverage this for your first home purchase.